The Altar Society is a parish organization which provides an opportunity for women to become acquainted, to support one another and to enjoy social fellowship. Membership is open to all women of the parish.
MEETINGS: First Monday of the month (August through May) at 6 P.M. in the room above the Adoration Chapel.
- Fundraising for charitable organizations such as the Nativity House and Ursuline Sisters
- Preparing and serving Funeral meals in the Parish Hall for families of parishioners
- Coordinating the annual Coat Drive and Sale (January)
- Preparing, serving and cleaning up at the Fish Fry every Friday in Lent
- Arranging a special day trip for the ladies of the parish and guests (Spring)
- Hosting RCIA receptions
- Organizing and working the annual Fall Bazaar and Craft Fair (3rd Sunday in October)
- Managing the Giving Tree for needy families (at Christmas time)
- Organizing the Christmas Luncheon for all the ladies of the parish (December)
- Providing quilts for the Bazaar and Christmas Luncheon from our parish quilters
The time and talent that you can give to each of these activities is a personal decision. Give what you can, when you can.
|Chairman:||Doris Kerr||(816) 804-6662|
|Secretary:||Marian Seuferling||(913) 533-2385|
|Treasurer:||Barb Seymour||(913) 406-5617|
|Funeral Dinners:||Carol Dover|
|Craft/Vendor Booths:||Connie Dunleavy, Sue Witt|
|Giving Tree:||Jayne O’Keefe||(913) 244-7925|
|Welcome Committee:||Barb Seymour, Jayne O’Keefe, Mary Bruton, Barb Ronnau, Cecily Lathrop|