The Knights of Columbus is a fraternal organization that provides service to our parish, emphasizes and supports the family, is involved with the community, and aspires to increase the spirituality of its members.
The Wea Council # 12546 of the Knights of Columbus was founded in 1999 and currently has more than 125 members.
To learn more about the Knights and our Council please contact one of the gentlemen listed below or visit our website.
For a full list of officers please visit our Website.
What We Do:
- Smoke Meat for Holiday meals
- Organize and facilitate Parish Garage Sale
- Conduct Youth Free Throw and Soccer Competitions
- Baby Bottle campaign for Pro Life Support
- Provide 4th Degree Honor Guard for special events
- Assist with church cleaning and decorating
- Cook food for the “Running with the Cows”
- Organize and lead Bingo at the annual QHR Bazaar
- Plan and manage Chili-Pie Cook-Off for Parish fundraising
- Sponsor blood drives
- Lead rosaries before Masses
Where you see us:
Who We Are:
We are a Catholic Pro-Family organization.
At Wea we have 90+ members. We donate thousands of dollars annually to local charitable causes. We provide thousands of volunteer hours to support community and youth activities.
In Kansas more than 35000 Knights raise over $300,000 annually from Tootsie Roll sales for the mentally challenged and sponsor the Special Olympics Basketball Tournament. Through “Pennies from Heaven” we provide immediate support for families in need. We support the Newman Catholic Centers at our colleges, and have granted over $150,000 to the Kansas Catholic Conference.
What We Provide:
- Sponsorship and monetary support for our Seminarians
- College Scholarships for parish graduates
- Don Rooney Scholarships for Catholic High School students
- Donations to the Parish Auction
- Food donations to the Food Pantries
- Donations to the Crisis Pregnancy Center
- Christmas Nativity scene in front of the Adoration Chapel
- Christmas lights in front of church
- Support to our Parish School
- Donations to the Parish Bazaar
Worldwide over the last decade the Knights of Columbus have donated over $1.367B to charity and over 640M hours to support charitable initiatives.